Friday, November 18, 2005

Question: Top Section (Turning Ridge)

I have a question for you.  This afternoon I was talking and knitting with Kelly.  As I was working away knitting on my bag, I noticed that both Kelly and I did the tops different.  I decided to frog my work until I got home and figured out what I had done incorrectly. I wanted to go home and look at Sue’s picture on her post.

I was noticing that Sue, Kelly and I all did different tops of the bag.

Does anyone have any problem with the very beginning?  I think I might have messed up on the Turning Ridge.  Kelly and I looked at the difference between ours.  This much I have found out since this discovery today

Kelly, Sue’s and my top of the bag look different.  It appears to be at the Turning Ridge.  I actually ended up working a stocking knit at first and then once I did the turning ridge I was then working Stocking knit on the opposite side.

I found this online tonight at: http://www.sheepyyarnmn.com/tip20.html

Simple Turning Ridge: Knit one row on the wrong side of the work to create a purl ridge on  the right side of the work, which denotes the fold line.

But the way I read the instructions I ended up doing a reverse stocking knit.  Does anyone have a clue???

HELP!

3 Comments:

At 9:39 PM, Blogger Kellann said...

Well I did two "turning rows" as you saw on my work today but I'm going to leave it how it is. I would think you would want the entire front to be in stockinet stitch. That is what the stitch pattern is in the bag (the black beneath the trellis). I’m not completely sure about anything for this pattern any longer!!!

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger KniTaPaLooZa said...

Hey Kelly,

I looked at everyone elses that I could find online and the only thing that I could come up with is what ever you do on the front do on the back. Nothing is wrong. I think that yours looks great and I think mine was definitely wrong but I am going to give it another try with the Turning Ridge the right way not the way that I did it.... Oops.

BTW I have gotten 3 of the 12 flowers completed tonight Woo Hoo!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I, too, was puzzled when starting the bag and did what I thought the pattern said, but as you all know, this pattern is very sketchy at best. Like Janet said, whatever we do on the front, we should do on the back. I think that once it's felted, our "sins" or "mistakes" will be kind of hidden. Good luck to everyone! It will be fun and interesting to see all of the finished bags, eventually! Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home